Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submissions should not have been previously published, nor should they currently be before another journal for consideration.
- Ensure citations in the essay have been formatted according to the 7th edition of APA Style. Where available, provide DOIs in your references.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, Markdown, or LaTeX document file formats. If you submit in LaTeX, please also include a PDF conversion of the document.
- The submission is in a single file, containing these elements: title, abstract, reflective essay, assignment. Supplementary files may be submitted separately if desired.
- Remove identifying information from your manuscript. This process should include editing the manuscript to omit information about your university and alter self-citations to avoid self-identification. Document metadata that identifies the author should be removed.
- When creating your user profile during the submission process, make sure to enter the following as you would wish them to appear in our journal: your "preferred public name," email address, and academic affiliation. To input your affiliation, click "more user details" on the profile page. Affiliation should include the name of the institution for which you work, but not your title or department.
Prompt endorses the open-access publishing model which maximizes access to information. Authors retain copyright of their published work while granting our journal permission to publish that work. Reuse of work published in Prompt must include clear attribution to the original text and be for non-commercial purposes, as specified by Creative Commons BY-NC.